SUBJECT SELECTION PROCESS
The successful applicant will be required to complete a subject selection form (see link below). Applicants are required to give careful consideration to IBDP subject levels and options. This must be done in consultation with relevant subject teachers and the school Academic College Counselor. The applicant is required to choose at least one subject from each group totaling 6 subjects (3 or 4 HL or 2 SL respectively) with the following exceptions:
- Group 2 may be substituted with an additional subject from Group 1 (Bilingual Diploma).
- Group 6 may be substituted wit an additional subject from Groups 1 to 4.
Applicants must be aware of the following:
- Subjects will be offered depending on number viability, scheduling and availability of a teacher for the subject.
- The chosen subject has to be completed over a two years.
- In addition to the 6 subjects the student has to take 3 core components of the Diploma Programme: Extended Essay (EE) Theory of Knowledge (ToK), and Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS).
- A student who has any special requirement (e.g. study three sciences) must contact the DP Coordinator so that she submits a request to the IB, with the appropriate documentary evidence, to allow the student to make a substitution.
- Arabic, Math, English and at least one Science are compulsory selection at JKS.
- Students are not allowed to select one subject at both levels.
- In addition to the IB Diploma requirements, school-based subjects, Physical Education and Islamic Studies subjects are compulsory.
- The Diploma subjects selected in Grade 11 cannot be dropped, changed or replaced by any other subjects in Grade 12.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that his/her subject selection satisfies and fulfills all further higher educational requirements.
- The final approval of subjects selected will be at the discretion of the school management.
- It is mandatory for all students to sign a declaration of commitment to the two year Diploma Programme
Completed and signed Subject Selection Forms must be handed to the Diploma Coordinator who will review subject selections with the Academic and College Counselor and the relevant subject teachers. Students will be informed by the DP Coordinator if changes are necessary due to any restrictions or reservations.