The PYP Library is open to all students throughout the school day. Primary classes come on a scheduled basis to check out books, do research, or just read and browse. Individual students can visit the library during breaks or after school hours. Students can check out a library book for a one-week period. Books can be returned at anytime and rechecked as needed. Students are responsible for the books they check-out. Damaged or lost materials must be paid for at their current replacement value; if they are slightly damaged, a damage fee will be assessed.
The Library is a center for research, learning and recreational reading. The library houses a collection of materials in various formats such as books, periodicals, general reference books, Audio books, videos, and DVDs. Materials are available in multiple languages such as Arabic and French.
7:30am to 3:30pm from Sunday to Thursday
Closed during Fridays, Saturdays and School Holidays.
||Borrowing of Books
- Read or research quietly. Do not disturb others who are reading.
- Chatting, eating and drinking are not allowed in the Library.
- Return books to the proper place.
- Clean up the workspace before you leave: push the chairs in and do not leave any mess on the tables.
- Computers are for research purposes.
- Classes from Nursery to 5th Grade follow a regular weekly schedule.
- Pre-school classes are supervised by their English teachers giving them lessons on how to use the Library. Teachers read stories to the class. Books are borrowed from the class library to be read at home.
- 1st to 5th Grade classes are under the School Librarian’s supervision. These visits to the Library include a short lesson on ‘Library Rules’, library and research skills, reading opportunities and book borrowing.
- A Student may borrow one (1) book at a time. A student completes the ‘Library Card’ with name and class, and hands it to the School Librarian.
- Teachers and staff may borrow books and other materials from the library as the need arises.
|Renewing of Borrowed Books
||Damaged/Lost Books or Resources
||Overdue Books and Resources
- Books may be renewed for another week, but each item must be brought to the Library to do so.
- Teachers, staff and students are expected to pay for the replacement of books or other materials that are damaged while checked out by them.
- Replacement of lost items will be accepted, provided it is an exact copy of the lost book or media.
- Prices for lost items will be charged in Saudi Riyals.
- Charges will be commensurate to the books or materials price, plus ordering and a processing fee of 25% for items ordered from outside Saudi Arabia.
- A note will be sent to parents of a student with an overdue book or other media borrowed from the Library.
- Teachers and staff will also be notified of overdue books and resources which are checked out by them.
- No fines are imposed on overdue books and media, but borrowing is suspended until such time as it is returned to the Library.